Caused by the yeast Candida albicans, a yeast infection happens when the body’s balance of good and bad bacteria goes wrong. A yeast infection may cause itching, burning, and discharge. It’s also more common during pregnancy. Some women like to avoid antibiotics; if you want to learn how to get rid of a yeast infection naturally, read on.
As noted, a yeast infection is caused by an imbalance of good and bad bacteria. This means that you need to increase the amount of good bacteria in your body and help your system fight off the bad bacteria. In addition to eating more yogurt, you can use it topically. Make sure you use yogurt with live cultures.
- Chill 2 tablespoons of yogurt.
- Carefully dab the yogurt onto the affected area.
- After the yogurt warms up, rinse it off with cool water.
- Repeat as desired for itch relief.
As one of the most naturally antifungal foods in the world, garlic is an obvious treatment choice for a yeast infection. You can add more garlic to your food or chew on raw garlic cloves. You may also wish to use this remedy for fast relief.
- Peel 1 garlic clove off of the bulb.
- Pick the paper-like skin off of the garlic.
- Insert the garlic vaginally.
- After 10 minutes, dispose of the garlic clove.
Probiotics are a great choice for women that do not like yogurt. They come in a pill or capsule form. By taking the recommended amount every day, you can restore the balance of bacteria in your body and get rid of your infection.
Tea Tree Oil
If you use natural medicine often, you have likely used tea tree oil before. It is one of the strongest essential oils on the market. You do not want to use straight tea tree oil in the vaginal area, as it can burn the skin. However, you may purchase tea tree oil suppositories and use them 1 time per day.
Boric acid is a widely trusted home remedy for yeast infections. However, it’s important to note that you should not use this remedy if you are pregnant. It has not been tested on pregnant women. While you can create your own boric acid supplements with gelatin capsules and boric acid, it may be easier to buy prepared capsules from a natural medicine store. The capsules are used as a vaginal suppository 1 time per day.
By the time you experience a full-blown yeast infection, your body has already been fighting the yeast for quite some time. However, when the yeast overpowers the bacteria in the vaginal area, infection occurs. Drinking cranberry juice is a great way to naturally fight off a yeast infection. It is highly acidic, making the vaginal area less hospitable to yeast. Make sure you are using the right type of cranberry juice. It must be pure, unsweetened cranberry juice, not cranberry juice cocktail or sweetened cranberry juice. Drink at least 8 ounces per day to prevent or stop a yeast infection.
Nature has given us plenty of natural remedies for yeast infections, including many herbs that can fight against the overgrowth of yeast. Rosemary is one such herb. In addition to fighting the actual infection, it offers relief from infection symptoms.
- Boil 1 cup of water.
- Stir in 1 teaspoon of dried rosemary or 1 tablespoon of fresh rosemary.
- Let the tea steep for 5 minutes.
- Let the tea come to room temperature. You may chill it in the refrigerator if you wish.
- Use the tea as a vaginal rinse for symptom relief.
- Repeat once per day until the infection is gone.
Tips to Prevent and Get Rid of a Yeast Infection
- Avoid sexual activity when you are suffering from a yeast infection. You can pass it to your partner, who can in turn pass it back to you after yours has healed.
- Don’t just drink cranberry juice when you are actively fighting a yeast infection. Drink it every day to prevent an infection.
- Stay away from commercial douching products. These can kill the good bacteria in the vaginal area and create a home for yeast.
- Enhance your overall health with vitamins. You can support your body and help it get rid of a yeast infection