The perfect way to eat your vegetables and fruit would be to consume it in the form of a dessert. Smoothie gives all the nutrition and health benefits with a heavenly taste. With the combination of the right fruits, it can do wonders for your health and taste buds.
If you are looking to lose weight, then starting your day off with a glass of smoothie is the perfect way to go. Firstly, we need to understand the importance of smoothie and its types. We have also provided the best recipe of papaya and plantain smoothie, which is known as the fat burning smoothie.
Different Types of Smoothies
- Fruit smoothies: These are the smoothies made entirely of fruit and are known to have the highest amount of vitamins and minerals in them.
- Green smoothies: They are made of typically green vegetables and are essential for energy and fiber growth.
- Dessert smoothies: They contain fat and added sugar in the form of ice creams and syrup and taste almost identical to shakes.
Importance of smoothies
Vitamins and minerals: Smoothies are highly rich in vitamins and minerals, and there are six categories of fruits enriched in these – citrus, berries, pomes, drupes, tropical and melons.
- Citrus fruits have a high amount of vitamin C which will strengthen your immune system and build a stronger framework of your body. Fruits rich in citrus are oranges, tangerines, lemon,
- The berry category act as antioxidants which decreases inflammation around your joints. You can add blueberries, strawberries, cranberries, grapes, in your smoothie
- Tropical fruits such papaya, kiwi, coconut mangoes, bananas are rich in potassium and manganese which makes your bones stronger, thyroid gland healthy and controls your blood sugar.
- Drupe fruits such as apricots, peaches, plums and cherries strengthen your immune system and also aids for a stronger vision.
- Melons contain a very high amount of vitamin C, and you can add watermelon, honeydew, cantaloupe, to your smoothie for the perfect taste and vitamins.
Fiber: Consuming 0.88oz of fiber for women and 1.235oz for men every day is very essential to keep the body healthy and functioning. A single serving of fruit contains 0.07oz to 0.141oz of fiber which will help you reach the target of recommended fiber intake very easily.
Energy: Including a smoothie in your morning breakfast can give you instant energy which can last throughout the day.
Reduce cravings: Consuming a smoothie every day will keep your stomach full and reduce cravings for sweets and other unhealthy food. This is will ultimately help you to reduce weight.
Plantain is a type of banana which contains a high level of starch with very little sugar. This is the reason that when it is combined with papaya, it can give you maximum results for weight loss.
- ¾ cup of kefir
- 1 cup of papaya which should be peeled and diced
- 1 banana
- 1 of honey
- ¼ cup of ice cubes
- 1 of fresh lime juice
- Lime zest